Draft May 6, 2015
Active Collection of Personal Information. To access or take advantage of some areas of the Sites, we may ask you to provide personal information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Information we may collect through our Sites and otherwise from you include name, title, company, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and product information such as the model and serial number of a product you purchase from us.
We may request other Personal Information offline, by e-mail, or on our Sites for specific purposes, such as dealer registration, validation of dealers visiting the dealer area of our Sites, registration of products for warranty purposes, end-user support, technical support, and participation in contests, promotions, or surveys. You may provide us with Personal Information when you submit an inquiry via the Sites or when you communicate or otherwise interact with us via the Sites, e-mail, or otherwise. You may always elect not to submit Personal Information that we request, but you may not be able to access certain of the Sites’ features and functionality without providing information that is not marked “optional.”
If you have registered as a member of any of the Sites, you may update or modify some of the information that you actively provided through the Sites, including your contact information and e-mail marketing preferences. You may do this by logging into your member account. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us.
Passive Collection of Information. In addition to the Personal Information that you actively provide to us, we or our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites and when you use certain third party sites (see “Network Advertising and Retargeting,” below). This information may include demographic information, browser type, operating system, IP address, mobile device identifiers and other information about you or your device. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Sites and certain third party sites. Some third parties may also collect Personal Information when you visit the Sites or other online websites and services.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include the following:
- Web Beacons and Pixels: We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” or pixels in our web pages and e-mail messages. We may use web beacons, pixels or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, to count how many e-mails that we sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed, and for third party marketing as described below in “Network Advertising and Retargeting.”
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party we work with, is active only while you are connected to the Sites, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Software Downloads: We may obtain information about your usage of products we have sold to you after you download software from us that helps you to track your ink usage and allows us to monitor your printing patterns.
Information from Third Parties. We may, from time to time, obtain supplemental information about you from third party sources or from our marketing partners in connection with co-branded websites or promotions and from network advertising services (see above). If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information and the combined information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect and use such information.
Use of Personal Information. K-SUN may use your Personal Information, whether collected online or offline, and whether collected actively or passively (as described above in “Passive Collection of Information”): (1) to provide you with information or services, or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive; (2) to process your registration with the Sites, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid; (3) to improve the Sites or our services, to customize your experience on the Sites, or with your consent to serve you specific content that is relevant to you; (4) to notify you of product updates or issues, and to market K-SUN products and services to you; (5) to contact you with regard to your use of the Sites and, in our discretion, changes to our policies; (6) for internal business purposes; and (7) for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information.
Opting Out Of Receiving Commercial E-mail Correspondence from K-SUN. K-SUN provides several means for you to opt-out of receiving commercial e-mails from K-SUN. If you do not wish to receive e-mail notices regarding our products or services, you may opt-out at the time you provide your Personal Information to us. Otherwise, at any other time you may opt-out by logging into your member account and changing your preferences. You may also opt-out through any commercial e-mail you receive from K-SUN by selecting the “unsubscribe” or similar option included with each e-mail. To opt-out of direct mailings, we will provide you with a postage paid opt-out card with any promotional offers we mail to you.
Opting Out of Network Advertising Retargeting. If you do not wish to receive retargeted advertising from K-SUN based on your activity on third party sites, you may disable cookies as described above in the cookies section and clear your browser history. This will also have the effect of disabling cookies that were placed through e-mail pixels.
Certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for interest-based ads. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program here:http://www.youradchoices.com/. In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). The NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of targeted advertising delivered by NAI members’ ad networks. To learn more about opting out of targeted advertising or to use the tool, click here:http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. For more information about Do Not Track, see http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (a “Promotion”) through the Sites that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
Disclosure of Information. Except as otherwise provided herein, K-SUN does not share, rent, or sell any Personal Information it collects to any third party for third party marketing or solicitations purposes. We may, in our sole discretion, share with third parties information that is not associated with your name or identity, such as website usage information, non-personally identifiable demographic information, and aggregate user statistics. We may share Personal Information with third parties as described at the time you provide the information and under the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers: K-SUN may share Personal Information with its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Epson America Inc. and Seiko Epson Corp., for internal business purposes. K-SUN also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer all information collected, whether through or in connection with the Sites or otherwise, including Personal Information, to third parties in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of K-SUN or of any of the business or assets or shares of K-SUN or a subsidiary or division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
- Legal and Safety Obligations: To the extent required or permitted by applicable law, we may also transfer and disclose user information, including Personal Information, to third parties: (i) in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (iii) to protect and/or defend the User Agreement or other policies applicable to the Sites; or (iv) to protect the personal safety, life, health, rights, property or security of any individual. To the extent required or permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Children’s Privacy Protection. K-SUN is aware of the heightened need to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. The Sites are not intended for children and are not targeted to children under the age of 13. K-SUN does not knowingly collect data from children and, if we learn that we have received identifying information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete this information.
Third Party Websites. There may be hyperlinks on the Sites to other websites or locations that are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). These Third Party Websites may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party Websites may solicit Personal Information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Websites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights (as provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83). When California residents provide personal information to a business, they have the right to request certain disclosures if that business shares personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Once per calendar year the customer may request that the business provide a list of companies with which it shares personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and a list of the categories of personal information that the business shares. Instead of responding to such requests, however, a company may choose to comply with this law by establishing and publishing on its website a policy of not disclosing a customer’s personal information to such third parties unless the customer affirmatively agrees to such disclosures, or a policy of not disclosing a customer’s personal information to such third parties if the customer has exercised an option that prevents that information from being disclosed to third parties for those purposes. Thus, a company may comply with the law by notifying the customer of his or her right to prevent disclosure of personal information and providing a cost-free means to exercise that right.
California customers may request information about our compliance with this law by using the Privacy Feedback form, which will send an email to the appropriate Privacy Coordinator. Any such inquiry must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this Privacy Feedback form.
Canadian Residents. Canadian residents are asked to opt-in to the collection and use of their Personal Information when they furnish information on the Sites, by e-mail, or otherwise. They may subsequently opt-out at any time, as described above or on specific forms or communications.
Security. K-SUN retains your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. K-SUN takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect, and you use our Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
K-SUN America, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
370 SMC Drive
Somerset, WI 54025